These melt in the mouth biscuits are easy to make and are traditionally served at Christmas time in Austria and Germany.
250 grams Plain White Flour
75 grams Organic Golden Caster Sugar
100 grams Almonds (ground)
225 grams Butter (unsalted)
2 tsp Vanilla Paste
Icing Sugar (to dust)
How to make Almond Crescents
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/Gas Mark 3.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Alternatively rub the butter into the almonds, flour and sugar until it forms a soft dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes if sticky.
- Take small pieces of dough, roll into small sausage shapes about the size of your little finger, then place them in a curve or half moon shape onto baking trays lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for approximately 8 to 10 minutes until they are lightly golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes then dust thickly with icing sugar.
These almond biscuits will keep in an airtight cake tin for up to 1 week.