Panettone, an Italian festive classic bread. We find it more and more in our shops, why not make one as a special foodie gift for family and friends?
450 grams Strong White Bread Flour
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 Lemon juice of
50 grams Pine Nuts
50 grams Raisins
50 grams Mixed Peel
1 sachet Easy Bake Yeast (7g sachet)
1 Egg Beaten
25 grams Butter Melted
200 ml Water Warm
Butter To Glaze, Melted
2 Eggs To Glaze, Beaten
How to make Panettone
- Place all of the ingredients into a mixer with a dough hook attached.
- Mix to a soft dough and knead for 5 minutes.
- If mixing by hand, put the dry ingredients into a bowl, sprinkle on the yeast and mix to a soft dough with the butter, lemon juice, egg and water.
- Knead on a floured board for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough into a round, greased tin (18cm/7” diameter x 9cm/3½” deep).
- Leave to prove until double in size then glaze with the beaten eggs.
- Bake at 190°C/370°F/Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes.
- Brush the Panettone with melted butter while still warm.