Egg Nog is a delicious warming cocktail and is ideal to serve at the end of a Christmas dinner party.
Egg Nog Ingredients
1 Egg (separated)
50 grams Caster Sugar
275 ml Milk (full fat)
150 ml Cream (double)
150 ml Brandy
Nut Meg (to serve)
How to make Egg Nog
- Beat the egg yolk and sugar in a bowl until they make a smooth paste.
- Warm the milk in a pan over a low heat. Meanwhile, whisk the egg white until it’s softly whipped but not too stiff.
- Whisk the cream for 1 minute to thicken slightly.
- Gradually add the yolk mixture to the milk, gently whisking as you pour.
- Pour in the cream, then the egg white.
- Take off the heat and stir in the brandy.
- Pour into glasses, making sure there is some froth on top.
- Draw a star (using a cutter as a guide) on a piece of baking paper and cut it out.
- Rest the star cut-out on top of Egg Nog glass and carefully sprinkle some Cocoa Powder over to create an attractive design. Alternatively why not try using grated nutmeg?