Christmas Pudding Vodka
We all like a little tipple at Christmas, why not try this vodka drink with a twist, only problem is it does taste very good. Do make this Christmas Pudding Vodka after dinner drink from good quality vodka, so that the flavours will be mellow and warming and not too harsh.
1 tsp mace whole
2 Cinnamon Stick
300 grams Currants
200 grams Mixed Peel
2 tbsp Orangefreshly squeezed juice
2 tbsp Lemon freshly squeezed juice
1 Orangegrated rind
1 Lemon grated rind
750 grams Light Muscovado Sugar
2 tsp Ground mixed spice
999.99 ml Vodka
How to make Christmas Pudding Vodka
- Warm the spices in a dry pan over a low heat for 10 minutes – keep them moving so that they do not catch
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients except for the vodka in a large bowl.
- Mix well and add the warmed spices
- Pour over the vodka. Stir until all is well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 – 4 days. Stir daily
- When ready to bottle the vodka, line a sieve with muslin or a clean j –cloth.
- Set this over a clean bowl and pour in the vodka and fruits.
- Reserve the soaked fruits for other uses (The soaked fruits can be used for boozy mince pies)
- Decant into clean bottles and seal. S
- tore for up to one year.
- Can be served from the freezer or at room temperature.
To give as a frozen gift: freeze for at least 24 hours, and then label and decorate.