Christmas Orange Cookies
These Christmas Orange Cookies are a perfect little gift or just some home made treats to decorate you tree, these cookies are delicious and beautiful.
140 grams Golden Icing Sugar
0.50 tsp PureOrange Extract
1 Egg yolk only
250 grams Butter cut into small cubes
375 grams Plain White Flour sieved
0.50 tsp Cinnamon ground
0.50 tsp Cardamom, ground
Green Designer Icing
Coloured Choc Beans
How to make Christmas Orange Cookies
- Place the icing sugar, orange Extract, egg yolk and butter into a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon and cardamom and mix to a firm dough.
- Shape the dough into two flat discs and wrap in cling film.
- Chill for 20-30 minutes
- Heat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- Line two baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick and stamp out the cookies, using your chosen Christmas cutters. If you are using a template, cut around the template with a knife for each cookie.
- Place the cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Using the tip of a skewer cut a small hole in the top of each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden
- Lift the biscuits onto a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate the cookies with the selection of icings.
- If you are using sprinkles, make sure you sprinkle them while the icing is still wet so they stick we. If you do this on a piece of greaseproof paper you can collect the sprinkle that did not stick ad pour them back into the container
- These make lovely little Christmas gifts.
- Make sure you let the icing set before you place in a cellophane bag or gift box