Christmas Cream Truffles
Home-made chocolates make a perfect gift with the personal touch, or just as yummy on Christmas eve with your feet up on the sofa. They are easy to make and delicious to eat. Why not try coffee essence or Tia Maria in place of the vanilla and brandy?
175 grams Dark Chocolate broken into pieces
50 grams Dark Muscovado Sugar or try with Light Muscovado
25 grams Butter
2 Egg yolks
0.50 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract Blend
1 tbsp brandy
2 tsp single cream
40 grams cake crumb or biscuit crumb
50 grams Chocolate Flavour Strands
25 grams Cocoa Powder
25 grams Icing Sugar
How to make Christmas Cream Truffles
- Melt the chocolate in a medium bowl placed over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Add the Dark or Light Muscovado sugar and butter and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in the egg yolks, vanilla essence, brandy and cream.
- Heat gently, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the cake or biscuit crumbs.
- Beat the mixture well and then set aside to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to handle.
- From the mixture into approximately 20 balls, and then roll in chocolate strands, cocoa powder and golden icing sugar.
- Place in sweet cases and store in a cool place.