Giving Yourself A Mini-Cure
A manicure may be a mood elevating treat or preparation for a special occasion. Most of us won't get a manicure every day, but we can give ourselves a mini cure, or the little things that help keep nails healthy and attractive.
- Don't bite your fingernails.
- Use moisturizer on your nails as well as on your skin. For an extra treat at night, warm a favourite essential oil and give your nails a therapeutic soak.
- Don't cut cuticles, push them back too far or use chemicals on them.
- When cuticles are soft and moist, push them back gently with a soft cloth.
- Buff nails with a soft cloth.
- Keep your nails clean.
- Prepare your nails and cuticles for grooming by cutting a lemon in half, sticking your fingernails inside and twisting them around to clean them.
- Use a file with a fine texture to shape nails and remove snags.
- File nails to a rounded point to preserve their strength.
To shape your nails:
- Filing your nails is the best method to take care of them because by filing nail grows very fast and it eliminates dead zones of the nail and shapes.
- It also acts as an aesthetic for a good presentation of nails. If you file nail by yourself, you must be careful when doing so, to avoid damaging the cuticles because the cuticle is one of the most sensitive parts of the nail. While filing, remove the dead cuticles with wet cotton swab.
For yellow nails:
- Rub them with half a lemon at night before bed and clear your hands in the next morning.
- Repeat this action continuously for a couple of days and you will see partial clearing of yellow spots and streaks from the nails.
Most of all remember your nails are an extension of your hands and you need to moisturize, moisturise, moisturise.